Get The Look: Cats the Musical
Do you struggle to achieve the perfect cat eye? It's a lot easier than you think - especially with my tips and tricks! Just read on to learn how you can create a quick, easy and striking cat eye!
Being a busy mum, it's not often that I get the chance to dress up and hit the town with my hubby, but this week I was lucky enough to have a night off from the kids (thanks mum for babysitting!) and attend the opening night of CATS the Musical!
To say the show was unbelievable and inspiring is an understatement! I loved the music, the acting the costumes and especially the makeup! I know the performers would be required to wear heavy makeup every night which can wreak havoc on your skin! If you are into musicals yourself or work in an industry which requires heavy makeup, I can't recommend the Pai range highly enough! Did you know this was used on the set of Malificent starring the beautiful Angelina Jolie!?!? Now who doesn't want skin like Angelina! The Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Cleanser in particular is perfect for removing heavy makeup without stripping all the goodness from your skin, and the Pai BioRegenerate Rosehip Oil is perfect for restoring and regenerating your skin once your makeup has been thoroughly cleaned off.
Now back to Cats! After seeing the stunning Delta Goodrem in the lead role as Grizabella, I was totally inspired by the beautiful makeup they created for the show and it made me want to try my own cat inspired eye makeup look at home!
Now I don't have hours to spend working out how to do that perfect flick so I wanted to share a simple guide to creating a simple cat eye look with some beautiful natural products.
1. Firstly I love using the 100% Pure Coffee Bean Eye Cream every night to make sure my eyes are primed, hydrated and ready for makeup application. Whenever I'm applying makeup, I make sure to use a good primer. I'm currently loving the 100% Pure Mattifying Primer to help keep my makeup looking fresher for longer!
2. You can do this next step with a black pencil (I love the 100% Pure Creamy Long Last Liner - Blackest Black) or if you are a little more confident and want a beautiful finish, try a liquid liner like the Lavera Natural Liquid Eyeliner or the 100% Pure Black Tea Liquid Eyeliner (one of my personal favourites!). Starting in the middle of your upper lid, begin drawing a line, trying to keep as close to your lashline as possible. You can make this line as thick or thin as you want depending on what look you are going for.
3. Taking your pencil or liquid liner, then start from the inner corner of your eye and draw a fine line towards the line you just drew.
4. Now it's time to create your flick! Starting from the last lash, draw a flick outwards. This can be as subtle or dramatic as you want. Make sure the flick flows in nicely to the line you have drawn close to your lashline.
5. Voila! You have a simple cat eye! Add some mascara to really finish off your look! I love 100% Pure Black Tea Mascara or Ere Perez Volumizing Waterproof Mascara for something really smudge proof!
Now this might not be the ideal every day look as I won't lie, it will take a little bit of practice to nail the perfect flick, but if you have a special occasion, or a night out with the girls, why not add a little bit of sultriness to your usual makeup look!
Now if you're looking for a fun night out with friends or something special to do with your hubby, I can't recommend CATS the Musical highly enough. It's currently making its way around the country (Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth are its next stops!) so make sure you catch it as it's only around for a limited time!
Click here to find out more about CATS the Musical and book your tickets!