Ep 35: I Talk To Melissa Ambrosini About My Mean Girl
I met Melissa about 10 years ago in a café in Bondi when we both started our business and I have been absolutely inspired by Melissa ever since. I think she is a wealth of knowledge and am so happy to be sharing it with you all!
Melissa Ambrosini is a wellness guru, author, speaker, and entrepreneur. She is the bestselling author of the books Mastering Your Mean Girl and Open Wide, she hosts one of the top-rated podcasts, The Melissa Ambrosini Show. Her Mission is to inspire others to unlock their full potential and create the business and life of their dreams.
1. Melissa's shares her tips on how to keep your energy up and feeling healthy and thriving, including her daily practices and self-care rituals. Concentrating on your mindset, what you tell yourself is what is going to manifest in your life.
2. Women have between 60,000-80,000 thoughts a day which could primarily be negative, telling us we are flawed - we are responsible for reprograming our beliefs and keeping our mindset in check. Using Melissa's 3-step process can help with this (covered in her book & Ted Talk).
3. When people are negative towards Melissa on social media, she considers whether there is any truth to what they are saying. However, she tries very hard not to care about what people think of her. She has zero tolerance towards bullying online or in person.
4. Melissa and her husband had both done a lot of internal work and healing on themselves before they got together. In a relationship, there are three entities, the two partners and the "us". While their relationship is in the spotlight on social media, Melissa is selective on what she shares, Nick overshares a little more. They concentrate on ensuring they both can shine within their relationship, whilst sharing their gifts with the world.
5. Melissa has been plant based and alcohol free for many years, makes her feel amazing. Even had an alcohol-free wedding! Irene has also been feeling great without drinking alcohol and eating a more plant-based diet.