Ep 23: Do Period Undies Really Work?
Ever since I started stocking period undies, I've heard the same question time and time again – does period underwear actually work? In this episode of our Nourished Life podcast, I speak to Kristy Chong, the founder of Modibodi, to talk all things period undies.
I can't even begin to articulate how different my teenage years would have been if period undies had been invented. Luckily for the next generation, Aussie-owned brand Modibodi is smashing the stigma around all things menstruation. And let me tell you, these are no ordinary undies. Whilst Modibodi undies are designed specifically for periods and light bladder leaks, they are also helping the planet.
In this episode I'm chatting to Kristy Chong, the creator of Modibodi period underwear. And today we get really honest about our own experiences relating to menstruation. Join Kristy and me for a heartfelt chat about reusable period undies that actually last the distance, exactly how they work, and Modibodi's "Give A Pair" program. According to Kristy, 1 in 5 women have heavy periods – if that's you, this episode could just be a gamechanger.
• Period undies work by absorbing liquid through the top layer straight through to the middle layer, with a waterproof layer that protects your clothing.
• If you use period underwear in conjunction with a menstrual cup (if needed), you can truly have a zero-waste period!
• A big part of Modibodi's mission is to educate, break down taboos and open up conversations about periods so that menstruation is no longer shameful.
• Kristy recommends that teens have at least 7 pairs of period undies; one pair for day and one for night, washed on day three.
• For minimal fuss cleaning, Kristy is a fan of just throwing the underwear in the washing machine when it's time to wash.