Maintenance notice: We are closed for maintenance and will reopen at midnight tonight. You can continue browsing and add items to your cart then return later to complete your order. Please visit our FB page for updates. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Ep 17: The Deodorant Paste that Started a Revolution
Years and years ago I discovered a natural deodorant that really worked. Now, it's used by 850,000 people all over Australia, so on this week's podcast episode, I speak to Chey Birch – the founder of Black Chicken Remedies and creator of this lifechanging deodorant formula.
If you're going to change once thing in your routine to make it toxin free, change your deodorant! This week I'm talking to Chey Birch, the founder of Black Chicken Remedies, one of the very first brands I ever stocked. Chey's Aussie-made pure natural skincare, body care, and essential oil products are preservative free, and don't contain any kind of 'fillers'.
We chat about her wonder product that sparked a revolution — the famous Axilla deodorant paste — the first deodorant paste made in Australia. Whilst Black Chicken are known best for their deodorant, Chey shares some of her other best-selling products, including an essential oil blend for procrastinators! She explains the story behind her company's unique name and how what started as a hobby quickly grew into a brand that our Nourished Life community absolutely adores.
• The ingredients in Black Chicken's exfoliator are crushed argan seeds, rice powder and clay. This means no harsh walnut seed extract like other brands.
• Their famous Axilla deodorant is used under 850,000 armpits all over the country.
• To use the Axilla deodorant: just place a pea sized amount under each armpit and rub it in like you would a cream.
• Axilla deodorant gets its name from the place it treats — your armpits! That area is where your axillary glands are.
• Chey's recommendation for detoxing your armpits is to use their Cacao Revelation face mask as an armpit mask to draw out impurities.
Did you enjoy this podcast episode? Please subscribe and leave me a 5-star review in Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app – together, we can make toxin-free living mainstream!