Ep 10: How to Live a Low Tox Life with Alexx Stuart
Want to live toxin-free but don't know where to start? You'll love this episode then... I talk to Alexx Stuart about how to live a low tox life, with easy tips, tricks and expert advice.
Over the years, one of the most common problems I've heard people have with toxin-free living is that they simply do not know where to start... I know that when I started my journey, I had absolutely no idea how to begin! If this sounds like you, I know you'll love this episode of our Nourished Life podcast. I speak to Alexx Stuart, founder of the Low Tox Life blog, online courses, podcast and now bestselling book. Having gone through the entire process herself, Alexx is an expert on how to live a low tox life, so she joins me on Talking Clean with Irene to share her invaluable tips, tricks and advice!
We cover so much in this episode... but it would be impossible to talk about every aspect of low tox living in just one episode! We chat about what it actually means to live low tox, which products or habits we should replace first, and also discuss loads of Alexx's must-have toxin-free goodies. We even get onto topics like mould removal and food waste – with stats and facts that are honestly mindblowing (and hopefully lifechanging!)
These are all the topics Alexx and I cover:
• The Low Tox Life story – how the Low Tox Life book came about (2:46)
• Why there aren't dozens of product recommendations inside (10:03)
• Irene's favourite DIY recipe (12:51)
• Why Alexx loves Dr Bronner's Soaps (13:31)
• Using the Tea Tree soap for acne-prone skin (14:44)
• How to get the most out of your low-tox products (15:04)
• Are natural cleaning products really killing the germs and mould? (15:30)
• U.S. study on the effectiveness of Triclosan (16:59)
• How to get rid of mould naturally (18:59)
• What's the best way to navigate the Low Tox Life handbook? (21:29)
• Why we should not feel guilty about our past choices (22:56)
• How long would it take to transform a home into a low tox home? (24:03)
• Examples of quick wins and changes to make straight away (24:42)
• Why your pillow might be toxic (25:58)
• The benefits of investing in water filters, jugs and bottles (27:12)
• Why Alexx loves the Waters Co Waterman Mini (28:25)
• How to swap out your soap (29:10)
• The "stop spending category" (31:28)
• Benefits of beeswax candles (32:36)
• The number one tip for creating an eco-friendly home (34:20)
• How the food on our plates turns into emissions (36:23)
• The best way for busy families to start composting (38:27)
• What would happen to the planet if we all reduced our food waste to nothing (40:35)
• How to turn our choices into habits (41:10)
If you loved listening to this podcast episode, please don't forget to subscribe and leave me a 5-star review in Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app – together, we can make toxin-free living mainstream.
"I love the being able to read all the product reviews before I buy and LOVE, LOVE the rewards program."
Over 2.5 million orders despatched